Monday, August 17, 2015

I gotta start somewhere...

So I was trying to find a way to start a new blog for our family.  Those of you that know me well, know that I originally started Grieving Jacob after we lost Jacob in March of 2012.  It's been three plus years now and so our family has changed quite a bit, as have my days.  I have been wanting to start this also as a more personal account of our family life. Not just for friends and family but for me selfishly and for the kids.  I can not remember ten minutes ago, much less yesterday and I anticipate that will not improve anytime soon.  So, this is my scrapbook in a way.  In addition, I find myself looking and searching for other mothers of four plus living kids for reassurance, guidance, ideas, insight, hope and figure it can't hurt to be one more voice for those moms out there like me that have, what today's society would probably call, many kids.  Our days are crazy, exhausting, intense, fun, happy, sad, reassuring, defeating and every other word you can think of.  We are blessed and we have also lived through some tough stuff.  For those of you that don't know me well, you may not know that I am too the wife of a coffin maker...that is not lie!  It's a story in it's own and I will post about that later for those that want to know how I went from being married to an architect to a coffin maker.  Needless to say, I was not surprised that this blog title was still up for grabs on Blogger! How many of us coffin makers wives can there really be?!  So, here it is.  And for a reality check, yes, I did just over boil some attempted hard boiled eggs in the short time it took for me to write this first post.   My husband gently clued me in that water was rapidly boiling on the stove not 15 feet away from me, so we'll see how those turn out:-/ But that is our life in every way, every poorly time managed, multi-tasked way, and I'm trying my best to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment